The GLAS smart thermostat by Johnson Controls is the perfect blend of form and function. Featuring a vibrant translucent OLED touchscreen, the clearly smart thermostat maintains a comfortable space while it saves energy and monitors air quality. For easy voice control, GLAS works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and is built with Microsoft Cortana. The GLAS by JCI smart thermostat app allows you to easily tweak the temperature from anywhere.
The GLAS Smart Thermostat is a multifunctional
device that enables comfortable and energy-efficient
spaces. This room thermostat is designed to configure
temperature controls, monitor air quality, and assist
with energy savings in most residential and limited
commercial applications. It offers a simple,
state-of-the-art, 40% translucent, color touchscreen
display that makes the user interface easy to navigate.
The translucent, color touchscreen on the device
displays the current temperature, humidity, occupancy,
heating or cooling status, date, and time. The display
also includes local weather conditions and forecasts
when connected to Wi-Fi.
The GLAS Smart Thermostat can be paired through
Wi-Fi to receive access to the device through the
user’s smart phone or tablet. The mobile application is
compatible with iOS and Android smart phones and
tablets. With the mobile app and optional voice control
from Microsoft Cortana, control of GLAS is accessible
When connected to Wi-Fi, an integrated Microsoft
Cortana® intelligent assistant allows optional voice
control of GLAS through the device, the Cortana
mobile app, or Cortana on your Windows PC.
Additionally, with a Wi-Fi connection and a registered
account, Google Assistant-enabled and Amazon
Alexa-enabled devices can be connected to allow for
remote voice control of the device.
GLAS functions not only as a smart thermostat, but
also an air quality monitoring device. The digital
thermostat includes indoor air quality measurements
for total volatile organic compound (tVOC) and eCO2,
as well as outdoor air quality measurements for Air
Quality Index (AQI), UV index, and allergens when
connected to Wi-Fi.
GLAS works with most 24-volt heating and cooling systems, including: gas, electric, oil, radiant, and forced air. Just remove the faceplate from your current thermostat and confirm you have some of the following labeled wires:
• Power (C, RH, RC)
• Conventional (2H/2C), (W1, W2, Y1, Y2)
• Heat Pump (O/B)
• Fan (G)
• Humidifier, Dehumidifier, Ventilator, HRV, ERV (AUX)
Download the GLAS App:
Features and Benefits
• Wi-Fi Connectivity—Provides accessibility and control of the device through the user’s smart phone or tablet.
• Cortana Voice Assistant—Integrated speaker and microphone allow you to manage the thermostat through
voice control on the thermostat with a Microsoft account.
• Amazon Echo® and Google Home® Integration—Connects GLAS through the Amazon Alexa or Google
Home app to allow remote voice control of the thermostat.
GLAS Smart Thermostat Product Bulletin
• Energy Reporting—When connected to Wi-Fi, the device displays hours of runtime and percentage of energy
saved compared to a standard thermostat kept at the user’s home setpoints. When not connected to Wi-Fi, it
displays only hours of equipment runtime.
• Indoor Air Quality Monitoring—Integrated sensor for indoor air quality to monitor the average Total Volatile
Organic Compounds (tVOC) and Equivalent Carbon Dioxide (eCO2).
• Indoor Humidity Monitoring and Control—Integrated humidity sensor allows you to monitor relative humidity
inside the space and provides an option to control when connected to a humidifier, dehumidifier, or ventilator.
Automatic humidity setpoint selection is available when connected to Wi-Fi with a valid postal code.
• Outdoor Air Quality Monitoring—When connected to Wi-Fi, provides level indicators of allergens (pollen), Air
Quality Index (ozone, nitrogen dioxide, carbon monoxide, and sulfur dioxide), and UV index.
• Outdoor Weather—When connected to Wi-Fi, based on postal code, provides forecast, real-time
temperatures, wind speeds, and highs and lows for the day.
• Fan Control—Provides a variety of fan options, including manual runtime, minimum hourly runtime, and smart
circulation to save energy when air quality is good.
• Seven Day Scheduling—Allows user to schedule one-time or reoccurring events. Events include Home,
Away, and Sleep with defaulted temperature preferences that can be manually adjusted.
• Integrated Occupancy Sensor—Reduces energy usage by adjusting heating or cooling based on detected
space occupancy. Sensor can override scheduled events.
• Integrated Proximity Sensor—Responds to movements and illuminates device for ease-of-use.
• Vacation Mode—Create scheduled vacation events when space is unoccupied for an extended period of time.
• Ease of Installation—Wire detection simplifies installation by detecting which of the wires are connected to the
thermostat, as well as an included C-wire adapter for systems without a common (C) wire.
• Automatic Upgrades—When connected to Wi-Fi, accepts over the air updates to keep functionality and
security up to date.
• Notifications—Option to enable notifications, including; when to change air filter, HVAC service maintenance
reminder, poor indoor air quality, and indoor temperature safety range.
All orders are shipped same-day if the order is received by 1:00 PM Central Time. We ship worldwide.
UPS Hoilday Delivery Schedule
For more infomation about Returns visit Returns
For more informatrion about Warranty visit Warranty page.
You can also find answers to some common questions on our FAQ page